Tips for Effective Meetings
- Prepare an agenda before the meeting.
- Distribute the agenda to participants for review, so that they may prepare responses, prior to the meeting. This allows for additions to the agenda.
- Give advanced notice of the meeting time and place.
- Meet in an appropriate place. The environment should be comfortable and suitable to the number of meeting participants.
- Stick to the agenda, meeting begins and ends on time.
- Monitor time, so that everyone gets a chance to contribute, if they wish.
- Use proper etiquette. Listen to each otherís opinions and ideas with respect.
- Meeting ends with summary of discussion.
- Minutes are prepared and distributed after the meeting.
- Make decisions using a process that everyone can live with.